Quotes of the day...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

FS 2.0 King Reads

Firespark, you sparked my interest to go back and pick up where I left off the Dark Tower series. For those of you who haven't heard ... Word on the street ( http://www.stephenking.com/index.html) is that Mr. King will be working on another novel for this series. Can I get a "hell Yeah!" The working title is... The Wind Through The Keyhole. Hints say that this one may not be directly about Roland but don't let that discourage you. As we all know there is a world of back story to build an epic.

Yesterday, I went to the bookshelf with much excitement and dusted off our copy of Wolves of the Calla. I let the dishes pile up a bit and brewed far too many pots of coffee as I fell back into middle earth. My horoscope for today says it will be very much the same with slight interruptions and something about a turtle of enormous girth.

Other news is that the question was put out to Stephen King fans on facebook ... Which would you like to have first, another middle earth story or a sequel to The Shinning called Doctor Sleep? Do we have to choose Stephen? We are a house divided on this topic. My husband wants another Dark Tower book ASAP. I on the other hand being nostalgic, would really like to see where you can take us from The Shining. The title Doctor Sleep is quite intriguing, no far more than that... I am bouncing with the anticipation of a kid with ADHD. For you Mr. King I will force myself to be patient after all "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."---CK

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Just wait until you see tomorrow's blog. :) As for a choice between the two... yeah, a sequel to The Shining seems so completely out of left field that I would LOVE to see it done. However, having JUST stepped back out of Roland's world, and still feeling nostalgic, I can't resist the temptation that a new volume would bring. Can I just vote for both?

    ReplyDelete